Hi all! It’s likely many of you have noticed my rather sparse contributing to my blog. I haven’t left it, I’ve just… kind of forgotten about it. I remembered it some time back and decided to make a new blog post when Nitrome posted something new. Well, today Nitrome posted something new.
Nitrome was interviewed by MochiMedia about Nitrome Touchy. The interview is rather long (long is good), and packed full of Nitrome Touchy secrets Nitrome hasn’t revealed yet! So, why not give it a read? Nitrome Touchy interview
And now to recap what Nitromey stuff has happened since my last post. If some of you think I haven’t done any Nitrome things for a long time, you’ve been mistaken. I’ve been quite active on the Nitrome Wiki. If you want to see what happens daily on the Nitrome Wiki, be sure to drop by the Recent Changes, everything everyone does is recorded there. Now, to recap what happened since my last post (from latest to earliest, top to bottom):
- Nitrome announced on October 18th they now have 150,000 fans. At the time of me writing this, they currently have 162,651
- Nitrome on October 18th updates the Flightless site, adding new side artwork, some FAQ (fans and questions), and quotes from some comments on Steam
- Is October 18th Mat Annal’s birthday? Yet another piece of information! Nitrome does an Ice Breaker iOS update (link). The site also gains a new page – Characters!
- October 19th: 1 day later, more Nitrome Touchy games are revealed!
- October 25th: 6 days later, Nitrome reveals even more Nitrome Touchy games!
- October 26th: Nitrome Touchy Week continues with the reveal of how you can play games in fullscreen! Oddly, I already assumed they would be in fullscreen.
- October 31st: Seems strange, don’t you think? Whenever Nitrome annouced an iPhone games, you never assume they are going to release it in such short time. Well, Halloween marked the release of Nitrome Touchy! Yay (why was I excited then? I don’t even have a smartphone)! And for a first, Nitrome’s release trailer for the game has absolutely glorious music! Usually, you only get awesome tunes like this for each Nitrome game menu! Also, the music was done by Lee Nicklen (I assume you think I’m lying)!
- November 14th 2012: Two weeks after the release of the Nitrome Touchy, after cleaning up all the glass and smashed iPhones lying around Nitrome Towers due to the “2 weeks of Nitrome Touchy partying”, Nitrome decides to put up another blog post (please note that the “smashed iPhone and glass” stuff is simply a joke…at least… I believe there was no iPhone damage), Nitrome asks fans to vote for them on Flightless. Could you believe Nitrome shot up so close to finishing the greenlight phase? They (at the time) were at 98% (with votes). Only two percent away! Be sure to vote for Flightless on Steam!
- November 15th 2012: Nitrome revealed Swindler 2, revealing the trailer. Also, new features are revealed. The game will also be immediately Nitrome Touchy compatible on game launch.
- November 21st 2012: Nitrome releases Swindler 2. Unlike the previous Swindler game, Swindler 2 got revealed and soon released, unlike Swindler 1 that got revealed than for a long time wasn’t heard of
- November 21st 2012: To commemorate Swindler 2′s release, Nitrome pleases fans by releasing Nitrome T0uchy for Android. Ahhhhh… a sigh of relief for Nitrome. No more having to tell fans Nitrome Touchy will come for Android, no longer having to copy-and-paste responses, no more having to hold back the rage of “Why don’t you read the Nitrome Blog? We’re going to release Android for Touchy!!!”.
Well, that’s all that happened while I neglected my blog. Hope you all enjoyed this blog post! Also, the Nitrome Wiki has nominated the Flightless article as to help Nitrome gets votes. This nomination will (likely) be extremely helpful to Nitrome, as this article will be tweeted and blogged about on Wikia’s Twitter and Facebook (respectively).